Easter Cross Artist Trading Card - ColoriQue by Lisa Marie Jimenez

Easter Cross Artist Trading Card by Dana Tatar for Lisa Marie Jimenez

Hi! I'm sharing an Easter themed artist trading card for ColoriQue by Lisa Marie Jimenez today. I started this card with a manila artist trading card blank. Then, I embossed the card with a sunburst embossing folder. Next, I painted the embossed card with Turquoise Mountain and Honey Bee ColoriQue. Once that base layer was dry, I added White Summit ColoriQue splatters. After that layer was dry I misted the card with ColorBox Cosmic Pearl Rain spray, which added an iridescent shimmer. Finally, to help define the edge of the card and add an accent color to the rays, I applied ColorBox Harvest Chalk Ink to the ends of the rays and the edges of the card.

Painted Brass Victorian Cross by Dana Tatar for ColoriQue by Lisa Marie Jimenez

I painted a Victorian Large Cross Pendant for the focal point of this artist trading card. I used a raw brass cross, that I cleaned with rubbing alcohol before painting. You can purchase a similar pendant from Lisa in a matte brass ox finish HERE. I used Snow Summit ColoriQue for the flower petals, Honey Bee ColoriQue for the flower centers, and Avocado ColoriQue for the flower stems.

Hand-Dyed Seam Binding Ribbon with Grape Vine ColoriQue by Dana Tatar

Lastly, I hand-dyed a piece of seam binding ribbon with Grape Vine ColoriQue and threaded the ribbon through the decorate holes of the cross. I used clear double-sided tape to secure the ends of the ribbon to the card.

ColorBox ColoriQue by Lisa Marie Jimenez brings artistic color to metal, wood, glass, clay and more, and is available in 14 different colors plus a clear coat. Visit Lisa Marie’s Etsy Shop to purchase ColoriQue.

Supplies: ColoriQue by Lisa Marie Jimenez: Avocado, Grape Vine, Honey Bee, Snow Summit, Turquoise Mountain; ColorBox Cosmic Pearl Rain Spray, ColorBox Harvest Chalk Ink; Raw Brass Victorian Large Cross Pendant; Manila Artist Trading Card Base; Sunburst Embossing Folder; Seam Binding Ribbon

Comments

  1. This is STUNNING! I loveeeeeee that cross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment