Door 27 - Tando Creative

Distressed Tando Creative Chipboard Door with Layered Gears Painted with DecoArt Media

Hi! I'm sharing another door that I created for the Metallic theme this week on the Tando Creative Design Blog. I used parts from the Andy Skinner Industrial Elements Set for this piece.

Distressed Tando Creative Chipboard Door with Andy Skinner Industrial Elements Layered Gears Painted with DecoArt Media

I first treated the chipboard with a layer of DecoArt Carbon Black Media Mist. Next, I applied a layer of DecoArt Crackle Paste that I tinted with DecoArt Primary Cyan Media Mist. I dirtied up the piece with DecoArt English Red Oxide Antiquing Cream and Black Soot Distress Ink. To add a subtle metallic shimmer I highlighted the gears and edges of the door and keyhole, and the front of the door using the Cogs Mini Mask as a guide, with metallic shades of Perfect Pearls Pigment Powder. To accent the keyhole, I added a decorative heart lock. I finished this piece with some rub-ons.

You can find the chipboard I used for this project, and a wonderful selection of DecoArt products, in the Tando Creative Retail Store.

Pin It!


Distressed Tando Creative Chipboard Door with Andy Skinner Industrial Elements Layered Gears Painted with DecoArt Media

Comments

Post a Comment