Family Album - Quick Quotes


I'm sharing an album I created with the gorgeous Cracklin' Rose collection, the Quick Quotes Family Bundle and some of the new PowderPuff Chalk Inks for Quick Quotes today. I was inspired to create this album when I read one of the vellum quotes by Patsy Gaut from the Quick Quotes Family Bundle.
My family is like a book;
My children are the pages.
The pictures of them are the words,
That last throughout the ages.
The cover now will keep them safe,
Each phrase and smile I'll savor,
And look back through the generations
To see which one they favor.

I attached the quote to the front cover along with some chipboard photo corners, part of the Cracklin' Rose Chipboard Die Cuts.


I had several partial sheets of patterned paper and cardstock from the Cracklin' Rose collection, and rather than cut the papers to a uniform size, I used them as they were.  I really like the different sized pages.  I stitched this book together, and along with the Quick Quotes patterned papers and cardstock, I also added some patterned vellum, a doily, a tag, an envelope and a piece of cardboard packaging that I had on my scrap desk.


I used several different sized photos, both recent and vintage family pictures, and tucked in some old family postcards into the envelope for safe keeping.  I embellished the pages with quotes from the Family Bundle, which includes both vellum and cardstock pieces!  I also added Cracklin' Rose Chipboard Die Cuts and Cracklin' Rose Stickers to several of the pages.  The Family Bundle and the Cracklin' Rose collection share the same color palette and many of the same patterns, so they complement each other perfectly.


I used three of the new PowderPuff Chalk Inks to edge the pages of this album.  I used Dusty Rose on the damask patterned quote.  The punched scallop trim is highlighted with Java, a delicious dark brown.  The Coconut White really pops on dark patterned papers like the black and grey houndstooth pattern.

Quick Quotes Supplies:
Cracklin' Rose Chipboard Die Cuts - CR802
Cracklin' Rose Stickers - CR803
Quick Quotes Family Bundle - QB02
Coconut White PowderPuff Chalk Ink - POW29
Java PowderPuff Chalk Ink - POW32
Dusty Rose PowderPuff Chalk Ink - POW33

Other Supplies:
Flowers: Manor House Creations, Petaloo, Prima, Webster's Pages
Rhinestones: Prima
Grunge Board: Tim Holtz
Key: Prima
Brads: Making Memories, Pink Paislee
Alcohol Ink: Jacquard
Other: Twine, Lace

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Comments

  1. This is absolutely fantastic. Lovely, lovely work. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, you are so talented,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, this is gorgeous! I absolutely love this, you did a great job with it, so many cool things to look at! Great job with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, it is just gorgeous and what a beautiful saying, and can understand why you used it. I went and checked out Quick Quotes, not heard of them before :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is super Dana! A definite favourite for me! The sentiment, the pages, the details...just superb! Beautiful, beautiful work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment